The next Free Intro Class is January 14th, click below to register:
During this challenging time, you might be feeling stressed and overwhelmed with life – all while being stuck at home.
-You might be having trouble sleeping at night because of anxious thoughts
-You might be feeling job stress and disconnected from your co-workers working at home
-You might feel the anxiety in your stomach or stress in your neck and shoulders
-You feel alone in all of it and wonder if you are the only one struggling
-You are frustrated that you can’t do the normal activities of going to the gym, going out to see friends, or going to exercise classes
What you really want is to feel calm, at ease, peaceful, and relaxed throughout your day.
In this group, you will learn the tools to help you:
–Find calm amongst all the uncertainty
-Feel like your life is more manageable.
Mindfulness for Stress & Anxiety at Home: Finding Calm in Uncertain Times
A 6-Week Online Group
Mindfulness is being fully in the present moment with acceptance of your experience. It means to take a step back and be the observer of your mind, rather than getting caught up in your worries.
In this group, Dr. Ellis Edmunds and Elana Morgulis, MFT will lead the group through mindfulness meditation exercises that have been proven to calm anxiety and improve well-being. These exercises are simple, effective, and easy to practice.
Mindfulness can help:
Reduce stress so you can have more clarity of mind
Let go of obsessive thoughts so you can sleep peacefully at night
Be more accepting and compassionate to yourself
Learn to slow down so you can decrease job burn-out
Know your emotions better which can improve relationships
Calm anxiety so you can feel more joy and ease
Thursdays 5:30pm – 7pm. 6 Week Group. $25-50 per group (sliding scale available). Starts January 21st. Online on Zoom.
Click below to register for the Free Introductory Class on January 14:
“I highly recommend this series if you are looking to learn how to incorporate mindfulness into your everyday life – especially if you struggle with anxiety. Each week I looked forward to coming to this peaceful, safe space and no matter what mindset I’m in I learned how to use my breathing and meditation to calm my body, my mind, and my inner critic.”
General Group Outline:
- 10 Minutes – Check-In and Introductions
- 35 Minutes – Mindfulness Meditation Exercise and Processing
- 35 Minutes – Second Mindfulness Exercise and Processing
- 10 Minutes – Check-Out and Home Practice Discussion
Week 0: Come to our Free Introductory Class
Week 1: Getting into the Present Moment
– Do you get caught up in the future or the past? In week 1 we define mindfulness and help you come back into the present moment.
Week 2: Becoming the Observer and Finding Space from Thoughts
– Does anxiety take you over and you can’t see past it? In week 2 we help you take a step back from your anxiety so you don’t get caught up in it.
Week 3: Being with Uncertainty
– Do you struggle with uncertainty? In week 3 we help you get some separation from your negative stressful thoughts.
Week 4: Acceptance
– Does it feel like you are in a struggle with yourself? In week 4 we help you drop the struggle and find peace with yourself.
Week 5: Cultivating Self-Compassion
– Do you tend to beat yourself up? In week 5 we help you let go of your inner critic and start treating yourself with kindness.
Week 6: Self-Care and Gratitude
– Do you have trouble with consistent self-care? In week 6 we guide you through creating a self-care toolbox, and help you create a daily gratitude practice.
As a bonus for enrolling, you get free access to a library of guided meditations to use as practice in-between sessions.
Sign up for the free intro class on January 14th by clicking below:
“I highly recommend this course. Elana and Ellis have calming presences and are super knowledgeable. This was very helpful for me in dealing with anxiety and being more mindful intentionally and consistently.”
“Ellis and Elana are very committed to the class and the attendees. Their meditations are soothing and powerful. You need to try this group.” -former participant
Starts January 21! Can’t make the free class but still want to join?
Call or text me at 510-473-5083, or fill out the form below.